Specializing in DOT Drug and Alcohol Policies
DOT Consortium specializes in the development and implementation of a DOT required drug and alcohol policy for employers who are regulated by Part 40 of the Department of Transportation.
Any DOT regulated company which employs more than (1) covered employee who holds a safety sensitive position (CDL Truck Drivers, Airline Pilots, Bus Drivers, Merchant Mariners, Pipeline Workers, Railroad Engineers etc.) must have a DOT Drug and Alcohol Policy in which all covered employees are provided and acknowledge that they have received a copy of the policy and will adhere to all DOT required drug and alcohol testing regulations.
What Must a DOT Drug & Alcohol Policy Include?
A DOT drug and alcohol policy must include but is not limited to the following:
- Who is covered by the policy
- What actions are taken when a positive test occurs
- Designated Employer Representative responsibilities
- Employee education
- Pre-employment, random, post accident and reasonable suspicion testing requirements
- Return to duty procedures
- Refusal to test consequences
- Substance Abuse Professional referral
A DOT required drug and alcohol policy must be specific to your company and meet the requirements of the DOT Mode which governs your company such as: FMCSA, FAA, FRA, PHMSA, FTA, USCG.
DOT Consortium can prepare a company’s DOT required drug and alcohol policy which will meet all requirements of Part 40 and will be specific to an employer’s individual polices.